Sunday, July 7, 2013

Welcome to Stitchfox!

This is my blog about thrifting, cross stitching, and my life in general as a crazy-passionate girl in my early twenties. I wanted to create an outlet where I can share my finds, my creations and my designs, as well as inspire you to find and create on a dime. 


I love the thrill of the thrift. I love the excitement of being faced with rows on rows of clothing, knowing that there are some great finds in there, separated from me by only a little patience and persistence. I have always been a girl who loves clothes, but since being in college is more than a little expensive, I've had to figure out a way to get my shopping fix. Enter the art of Thrifting. In a later post, I am going to share a few of my Thrift Tips, so check back next week for that. You won't want to miss it!


I fell in love with cross stitching recently when I took my first Textiles class. We learned the basics of traditional hand stitched embroidery. I loved that technique and have a couple of adorable pieces using stitches such as the satin stitch and back stitch, however my love for needlework truly took off when I discovered cross stitch. I love the pixel-like quality to cross stitch, blending my profession of graphic design and modern, technical aspects of our life with the traditional craft of stitching. It is a craft that does not take any amount of skill to complete, just some patience and persistence. I can't wait to share some of my work and a few stitching tutorials and patterns with you in the future!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com