Saturday, July 20, 2013

Are You In?


"Are You In" is by Incubus off their Morning View album.

It's no secret to many who know me that I am a hu-u-u-ge Incubus fan. I've always had this obsession with not only their music, but their lyrics and the artwork of Brandon Boyd. His work has played a huge inspirational role in the development of myself as an artist and designer. 

For my next cross stitch project, I decided to combine my love for typography and Incubus into this quick little piece. I plan on framing it in a small 5x7 frame (thrifted, of course!) and hanging it on my wall as a reminder of one of my favorite songs. You should definitely listen to it! 

I used a favorite app of mine, Stitches for Mac. It's an app which allows you to create cross stitch patterns, but my favorite feature is that it automatically converts all of the typefaces in my library to cross stitch, allowing me freedom to play with type like this. For this piece, I'm using Lavanderia  from the Lost Type Co Op, a website full of high-quality, well designed typefaces free for personal and commercial use.

I've got a lot of work to do!

I'm still not done with this piece as I'm stitching away at it in my (non-existent) spare time, but I couldn't wait to share the pattern and process with you. Check back later for an updated post when it's finished.

Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com